A Christian pal came over asking that a number of of us pray for her. In spite of performing each of the “right” Christian issues, she had been entertaining doubts about her faith.
Within the course of our prayer, as I was reminding her of what Scripture says about how God sees her, within a gruff tone of voice, with furrowed brow, she scolded me, speaking inside the third individual, “She does not deserve it! She does not deserve it!” Within a couple of hours, by the Power in the Holy Spirit, she was free from demonic bondage with a total modify of countenance and has, because then, moved forward with marriage and ministry.
On an Easter Sunday morning, as I was attending a Baptist church service, a man sat praying, head bowed, as the congregation headed for the exits. I approached him and asked if I may well pray. He ignored me. I laid my hand on his shoulder to pray. The moment I touched him, he bolted upright, began swaying like a cobra about to strike, and began growling as he pointed, “I hate him! I hate her! I hate this church!”
My attempts to minister had been interrupted by well-meaning folks asking if he needed medication or asking if they should call an ambulance. When the man became unable to open his mouth to speak, I commanded the spirit to release his tongue. Immediately, he was capable to know me then and speak intelligibly in response to me. I told him I was available for additional ministry by the Holy Spirit nevertheless it was clear there was no faith present to provide him at that moment. I created him conscious that, until he got assist, this WAS his Christian life and he WOULD encounter these manifestations again. I left only to be bombarded with concerns all through the week by those that had been there.
The young man, it turned out, was a much-beloved seminarian.
Last week, as a group of us have been praying, the Holy Spirit showed me a vision of a new attendee standing with tears in her eyes, in the middle of a Civil War battlefield, dressed in a Confederate soldier’s uniform, looking at her spouse, dressed in Union blue. As I shared this vision after our prayer time, the woman buried her face in her hands and cried. Her close buddy nudged me and whispered, “You read her mail.”
On an additional occasion, a Christian enterprise woman contacted me requesting prayer more than one of her many facilities across Texas. This certain facility was not prospering at all and she could not assist but think about closing its doors. That particular place had an openly lesbian manager which attracted openly gay workers. I went on a Thursday night with ateam. She met us there. We prayed and, within ten days, the facility’s numbers have been improving currently. The lesbian manager could not understand it. Within a memo I saw, she wrote, “We should be living right.” A week ago, the manager resigned as did several in the most blatantly gay employees.
I could write several individual encounters like these, moments when the Holy Spirit took handle, flushed out an unsuspecting demon, healed, delivered, set totally free or came through having a vision, word of wisdom or word of information. He’s no respecter of persons; the gifts He has shared with me, He desires to share with you.
Question is, are you currently prepared? Do you want much more?
We are SPIRIT BEINGS Having AN EARTHLY Experience. We’re ALIENS.
We’ve got no permanent citizenship in this globe. Even though we’re citizens from the United States, the reality is the fact that, as a Christian, our citizenship is in Heaven (Phil three:20). As the book of Hebrews says, “Here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city which can be to come” (Heb. 13:14) For we’re strangers just before thee, and sojourners, as have been all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding. (1 Chron 29;15)
We are ENAGED Inside a SPIRITUAL WAR – a term not found in Scripture, however the concept is taught. Mankind is caught in the midst of a spiritual war using the holy God and His angels on 1 side and also the evil Satan and his demons on the other.
(two Cor 10:3-5) “For even though we reside within the planet, we don’t wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with usually are not the weapons from the globe. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive each believed to produce it obedient to Christ.”
(Eph 6:11-12) Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark globe and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
(Rev 12:7-8) And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not powerful sufficient, and they lost their spot in heaven. The excellent dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent referred to as the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole globe astray. He was hurled for the earth, and his angels with him.
IF WE RESIST THE DEVIL, HE WILL FLEE
(James four: 7) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
WE Don’t have THE POWER TO RESIST SATAN ON OUR Personal
(Jude 9) But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with all the devil about the body of Moses, didn’t dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
TO RESIST THE DEVIL, WE Need to Put On the Complete ARMOR OF GOD
(Eph 6:10-12) Place on the full armor of God to ensure that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark planet and against the spiritual forces of evil within the heavenly realms. Consequently put around the full armor of God, to ensure that when the day of evil comes, you might be capable of stand your ground, and following you have completed everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with all the belt of truth buckled about your waist, with all the breastplate of righteousness in spot, and with your feet fitted using the readiness that comes in the gospel of peace. Additionally to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you’ll be able to extinguish each of the flaming arrows in the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword from the Spirit, which can be the word of God. And pray inside the Spirit on all occasions with all sorts of prayers and requests. With this in thoughts, be alert and usually preserve on praying for all the saints.
Jesus’ own mission statement: “He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty towards the captives, and also the opening [of the prison] to them which can be bound; to proclaim the year from the Lord’s favor.” (Isa 61:1,two)
GOD Enables TEMPTATIONS, BUT Usually Gives AN ESCAPE
(1 Cor 10:13) No temptation has seized you except what is typical to man. And God is faithful; he won’t allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear. But whenever you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up beneath it.
SATAN KNOWS THE SCRIPTURES AND TRIES TO MISUSE THEM
As described in Matt four:3-10 and Luke four:3-12, throughout the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness, Satan quoted Him Scripture several occasions. Jesus replied each and every time with extra Scriptures refuting Satan’s attempts to take issues out of context or only use element of a section.
(Matt 28:19-20, Lk 9:1-2 and ten:1-3).
Also several American Christians have turn out to be passive and fearful. Other people are satisfied to merely acknowledge the proper items and attend church solutions and activities. This sort of lifestyle is really various from that which Jesus demands of His followers.
We need to preach and teach about the kingdom of God, concentrate around the doctrine of Christ, heal the sick and set the captives free.
Why may be the Holy Spirit referred to as getting “holy”?(HOLY: Belonging to, derived from, or associated with a divine power; sacred.) Distinguishes Him from EVIL spirits.
SAD Details Relating to THE CHURCH And the HOLY SPIRIT
A majority (61%) agree that the Holy Spirit is really a symbol of God’s presence or power but is not a living entity. (2001)
Among the segments of the population more likely than other people to deny the existence of the Holy Spirit as a living entity are Catholics (73%), non-Christians (68%), and non-whites (68%). (2001)
A majority of all born once again Christians reject the existence from the Holy Spirit (52%). (2001)
WHY May be the HOLY SPIRIT Important?
There is certainly no topic more essential in Christianity than that of the Holy Spirit. Unless this can be properly understood, a sizable portion of the Bible, and especially the NT, remains unintelligible. However, a just view of it’s going to do more than a information of any other particular subject to give harmony, clearness, and consistency to what could be learned to all other matters presented in the Word of God.
Regardless of the importance of realizing the Holy Spirit and His place within the life of a Christian, there is much confusion and superstition within the minds of lots of people regarding the Holy Spirit
Who’s THE HOLY SPIRIT?
1. An individual with qualities
two. NOT, merely an “influence”, or “impersonal force” that emanates from God.
3. We should regard the Holy Spirit as a “He”, not an “it”!
I. THE HOLY SPIRIT’S Personality
A. THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS…
1. He “expressly says” that some will depart from the faith – 1 Tim 4:1
2. The Spirit spoke and gave directions to Philip – Acts eight:29
3. He spoke to Peter and gave him charge regarding the Gentiles – Acts 10:19-20
4. He spoke towards the brethren at Antioch concerning Paul and Barnabas – Acts 13:1-4
B. THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES…
1. He was to teach the apostles all things – Jn 14:26
2. Please note that Jesus consistently refers to the Holy Spirit as “He”, not “it” (implying a personal being, not an impersonal force) – Jn 14:16-17
C. THE HOLY SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS…
1. He was to testify of Jesus – Jn 15:26-27
2. Just because the apostles (who have been “personal beings”) would bear witness, so also the Holy Spirit
D. THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES, HEARS, SPEAKS, TELLS…
1. He would carry on and complete the function started by Jesus – Jn 16:12-13
2. Jesus consistently refers for the Holy Spirit as “He”
The Holy Spirit is actually a real particular person Who is God using today came to reside inside Jesus Christ’s accurate followers after Jesus rose in the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts 2). Jesus told His apostles…
“I will ask the Father, and He will give you an additional Helper, that He could be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the globe cannot receive, since it doesn’t behold Him or know Him, but you know Him since He abides with you, and can be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (Jn 14:16-18)
The Holy Spirit just isn’t a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He is someone equal in each and every way with God the Father and God the Son. He’s considered to be the third member from the Godhead. Jesus stated to His apostles…
“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of each of the nations, baptizing them inside the name of the Father and the Son and also the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even for the end in the age.” (Matt 28:18-20)
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all of the divine attributes ascribed towards the Father as well as the Son are equally ascribed towards the Holy Spirit. When a person becomes born once again by believing and getting Jesus Christ (Jn 1:12-13; Jn three:3-21), God resides in that particular person through the Holy Spirit (1Cor 3:16).
E. THE HOLY SPIRIT’S Main Role
1. He bears “witness” of Jesus Christ and tells people’s hearts regarding the truth of Jesus Christ. (Jn 15:26, 16:14).
two. He acts as a Christian’s teacher/guide (1Cor. 2:9-14).
3. He reveals God’s will and God’s truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples…
“The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all issues, and bring for your remembrance all that I mentioned to you.” (Jn 14:26)
“When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all of the truth; for He won’t speak on His personal initiative, but what ever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what exactly is to come.” (Jn 16:13)
4. The Holy Spirit was provided to live inside those that think in Jesus, in order to create God’s character within the life of a believer. Within a way that we can’t do on our personal, the Holy Spirit will develop into our lives adore, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal five:22-23). Rather than attempting to be loving, patient, sort, God asks us to rely on Him to create these qualities in our lives. Hence Christians are told to walk within the Spirit (Gal 5:25) and be filled using the Spirit (Eph five:18).
five. The Holy Spirit empowers Christians to execute ministerial duties that promote spiritual development amongst Christians (Rom 12; 1Cor 12; Eph 4).
six. The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians as well. He convicts people’s hearts of God’s truth concerning how sinful we are — needing God’s forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is — He died in our spot, for our sins; and God’s eventual judgment from the planet and people who don’t know Him (Jn 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness as well as a new life.
F. THE HOLY SPIRIT FORBIDS…
1. He prevented Paul and his companions from going into certain locations of Asia – Acts 16:6-7 This He did by “forbidding” them, and “not permitting” them, despite their initial efforts
G. THE HOLY SPIRIT INTERCEDES…
1. The “Spirit Himself (note Paul’s use of the private pronoun) makes intercession for us” – Rom 8:26
2. Just as Christ “also makes intercession for us” – Rom eight:34 [All these functions in the Holy Spirit manifest personality]
II. THE HOLY SPIRIT POSSESSES Personal Traits
A. HE Has a Mind…
1. “the thoughts from the Spirit” – Rom 8:27 This suggests thinking on His own.
B. HE HAS Information…
1. He “knows the items of God” – 1 Cor 2:11 just as the “spirit of man” (a individual getting) knows certain things. He has intellect.
C. HE POSSESSES AFFECTION…
1. Paul speaks of “the really like in the Spirit” – Rom 15:30 When have you recognized of an “impersonal force” that could really like? He has emotion.
D. HE Has a WILL…
1. “the same Spirit works all these issues, distributing to every a single individually as He wills” – 1 Cor 12:11 It was the Holy Spirit Who decided what particular person received which gift. Once again, they are all traits of a getting possessing intelligence and character.
III. THE HOLY SPIRIT SUFFERS Private SLIGHTS AND INJURIES
A. HE May be GRIEVED…
1. “do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God” – Eph 4:30 He may be made sorrowful by means of our willful neglect
B. HE Can be BLASPHEMED…
1. That’s, to be spoken evil of, as in attributing His deeds towards the functions of Satan, the “unpardonable sin” – Matt 12:31-32
C. HE Can be INSULTED…
1. A single who has “trampled the Son of God underfoot” has also “insulted the Spirit of grace” – Heb 10:29 This really is completed by sinning “willfully” – Heb 10:26
D. HE May be LIED TO…
1. As Ananias and his wife Sapphira have been guilty of carrying out. Acts 5:3: “…why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit…?”
E. HE May be RESISTED…
1. As Stephen charged the Jewish leaders of performing – Acts 7:51 This they did by resisting the message and persecuting the messengers who have been inspired by the Holy Spirit. Acts 7: 52-53
In my opinion, significantly too fantastic an emphasis has been placed around the gift of tongues – a lot in order that an ungodly caste method from the haves and have-not’s has created in some groups – regardless of the promise of Scripture which you shall obtain POWER (NOT tongues) when the Spirit comes upon you; power to be a witness (literally, a martyr). Request my study entitled “Speaking of speaking in tongues.”