A Christian buddy came over asking that a number of of us pray for her. Despite performing all of the “right” Christian issues, she had been entertaining doubts about her faith.
In the course of our prayer, as I was reminding her of what Scripture says about how God sees her, inside a gruff tone of voice, with furrowed brow, she scolded me, speaking in the third person, “She does not deserve it! She doesn’t deserve it!” Inside a couple of hours, by the Power of the Holy Spirit, she was totally free from demonic bondage with a total modify of countenance and has, given that then, moved forward with marriage and ministry.
On an Easter Sunday morning, as I was attending a Baptist church service, a man sat praying, head bowed, because the congregation headed for the exits. I approached him and asked if I may pray. He ignored me. I laid my hand on his shoulder to pray. The moment I touched him, he bolted upright, began swaying like a cobra about to strike, and began growling as he pointed, “I hate him! I hate her! I hate this church!”
My attempts to minister were interrupted by well-meaning individuals asking if he required medication or asking if they ought to get in touch with an ambulance. When the man became unable to open his mouth to speak, I commanded the spirit to release his tongue. Instantaneously, he was able to understand me then and speak intelligibly in response to me. I told him I was accessible for further ministry by the Holy Spirit however it was obvious there was no faith present to provide him at that moment. I created him conscious that, till he got aid, this WAS his Christian life and he WOULD expertise these manifestations once again. I left only to be bombarded with queries throughout the week by those who had been there.
The young man, it turned out, was a much-beloved seminarian.
Final week, as a group of us have been praying, the Holy Spirit showed me a vision of a new attendee standing with tears in her eyes, inside the middle of a Civil War battlefield, dressed in a Confederate soldier’s uniform, taking a look at her spouse, dressed in Union blue. As I shared this vision after our prayer time, the woman buried her face in her hands and cried. Her close buddy nudged me and whispered, “You study her mail.”
On an additional occasion, a Christian company woman contacted me requesting prayer more than certainly one of her many facilities across Texas. This particular facility was not prospering at all and she couldn’t assist but consider closing its doors. That specific location had an openly lesbian manager which attracted openly gay employees. I went on a Thursday night with ateam. She met us there. We prayed and, within ten days, the facility’s numbers were improving currently. The lesbian manager couldn’t realize it. In a memo I saw, she wrote, “We must be living proper.” Per week ago, the manager resigned as did numerous in the most blatantly gay staff.
I could write numerous individual encounters like these, moments when the Holy Spirit took control, flushed out an unsuspecting demon, healed, delivered, set free of charge or came via having a vision, word of wisdom or word of information. He is no respecter of persons; the gifts He has shared with me, He wants to share with you.
Question is, are you currently prepared? Do you wish a lot more?
We’re SPIRIT BEINGS Possessing AN EARTHLY Experience. We’re ALIENS.
We have no permanent citizenship within this world. Though we are citizens in the United States, the reality is the fact that, as a Christian, our citizenship is in Heaven (Phil three:20). Because the book of Hebrews says, “Here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come” (Heb. 13:14) For we’re strangers before thee, and sojourners, as were all our fathers: our days on the earth are as a shadow, and there is none abiding. (1 Chron 29;15)
We’re ENAGED Within a SPIRITUAL WAR – a term not found in Scripture, however the idea is taught. Mankind is caught in the midst of a spiritual war with all the holy God and His angels on 1 side and also the evil Satan and his demons around the other.
(2 Cor 10:3-5) “For though we live inside the world, we don’t wage war as the globe does. The weapons we fight with aren’t the weapons from the planet. Around the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and each pretension that sets itself up against the understanding of God, and we take captive every thought to create it obedient to Christ.”
(Eph six:11-12) Place around the complete armor of God to ensure that you are able to take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil inside the heavenly realms.
(Rev 12:7-8) And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not powerful adequate, and they lost their spot in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down–that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the entire globe astray. He was hurled towards the earth, and his angels with him.
IF WE RESIST THE DEVIL, HE WILL FLEE
(James 4: 7) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
WE Do not have THE POWER TO RESIST SATAN ON OUR Own
(Jude 9) But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing using the devil regarding the physique of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”
TO RESIST THE DEVIL, WE Must Place On the Complete ARMOR OF GOD
(Eph six:10-12) Place around the full armor of God so that you’ll be able to take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark planet and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Consequently put around the full armor of God, in order that when the day of evil comes, you could be capable of stand your ground, and right after you have completed every little thing, to stand. Stand firm then, with all the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in location, and with your feet fitted with all the readiness that comes in the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you are able to extinguish each of the flaming arrows of the evil 1. Take the helmet of salvation as well as the sword from the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray within the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in thoughts, be alert and often maintain on praying for all of the saints.
Jesus’ personal mission statement: “He hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening [of the prison] to them that are bound; to proclaim the year in the Lord’s favor.” (Isa 61:1,two)
GOD Allows TEMPTATIONS, BUT Often Offers AN ESCAPE
(1 Cor ten:13) No temptation has seized you except what exactly is typical to man. And God is faithful; he is not going to allow you to be tempted beyond what you’ll be able to bear. But whenever you are tempted, he will also provide a way out to ensure that you are able to stand up under it.
SATAN KNOWS THE SCRIPTURES AND TRIES TO MISUSE THEM
As described in Matt four:3-10 and Luke four:3-12, during the temptation of Jesus within the wilderness, Satan quoted Him Scripture numerous occasions. Jesus replied every time with additional Scriptures refuting Satan’s attempts to take things out of context or only use component of a section.
(Matt 28:19-20, Lk 9:1-2 and 10:1-3).
As well numerous American Christians have turn out to be passive and fearful. Other individuals are happy to merely acknowledge the proper issues and attend church services and activities. This type of life-style is really distinct from that which Jesus demands of His followers.
We must preach and teach concerning the kingdom of God, concentrate on the doctrine of Christ, heal the sick and set the captives free of charge.
Why may be the Holy Spirit known as becoming “holy”?(HOLY: Belonging to, derived from, or associated using a divine power; sacred.) Distinguishes Him from EVIL spirits.
SAD Details Regarding THE CHURCH And also the HOLY SPIRIT
A majority (61%) agree that the Holy Spirit is really a symbol of God’s presence or power but isn’t a living entity. (2001)
Amongst the segments of the population more most likely than other people to deny the existence from the Holy Spirit as a living entity are Catholics (73%), non-Christians (68%), and non-whites (68%). (2001)
A majority of all born once more Christians reject the existence from the Holy Spirit (52%). (2001)
WHY Is the HOLY SPIRIT Important?
There is certainly no topic much more essential in Christianity than that in the Holy Spirit. Unless this really is properly understood, a big portion in the Bible, and particularly the NT, remains unintelligible. On the other hand, a just view of it will do greater than a information of any other certain topic to offer harmony, clearness, and consistency to what might be discovered to all other matters presented within the Word of God.
Despite the value of understanding the Holy Spirit and His place inside the life of a Christian, there is significantly confusion and superstition in the minds of lots of people regarding the Holy Spirit
Who’s THE HOLY SPIRIT?
1. Someone with qualities
two. NOT, merely an “influence”, or “impersonal force” that emanates from God.
three. We should regard the Holy Spirit as a “He”, not an “it”!
I. THE HOLY SPIRIT’S Character
A. THE HOLY SPIRIT SPEAKS…
1. He “expressly says” that some will depart from the faith – 1 Tim 4:1
two. The Spirit spoke and gave directions to Philip – Acts 8:29
3. He spoke to Peter and gave him charge regarding the Gentiles – Acts 10:19-20
four. He spoke towards the brethren at Antioch concerning Paul and Barnabas – Acts 13:1-4
B. THE HOLY SPIRIT TEACHES…
1. He was to teach the apostles all issues – Jn 14:26
two. Please note that Jesus consistently refers towards the Holy Spirit as “He”, not “it” (implying a private getting, not an impersonal force) – Jn 14:16-17
C. THE HOLY SPIRIT BEARS WITNESS…
1. He was to testify of Jesus – Jn 15:26-27
2. Just because the apostles (Who is God using today were “personal beings”) would bear witness, so also the Holy Spirit
D. THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES, HEARS, SPEAKS, TELLS…
1. He would carry on and complete the work started by Jesus – Jn 16:12-13
two. Jesus regularly refers towards the Holy Spirit as “He”
The Holy Spirit is a real particular person who came to reside within Jesus Christ’s accurate followers after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts two). Jesus told His apostles…
“I will ask the Father, and He will give you yet another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the planet can not get, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you understand Him since He abides with you, and can be in you. I’ll not leave you as orphans; I’ll come to you.” (Jn 14:16-18)
The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He’s a person equal in each and every way with God the Father and God the Son. He’s considered to be the third member of the Godhead. Jesus stated to His apostles…
“All authority has been provided to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them within the name in the Father and also the Son as well as the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I’m with you often, even for the finish from the age.” (Matt 28:18-20)
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all of the divine attributes ascribed to the Father and the Son are equally ascribed to the Holy Spirit. When an individual becomes born once again by believing and getting Jesus Christ (Jn 1:12-13; Jn three:3-21), God resides in that individual by means of the Holy Spirit (1Cor 3:16).
E. THE HOLY SPIRIT’S Main Function
1. He bears “witness” of Jesus Christ and tells people’s hearts regarding the truth of Jesus Christ. (Jn 15:26, 16:14).
two. He acts as a Christian’s teacher/guide (1Cor. two:9-14).
three. He reveals God’s will and God’s truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples…
“The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring for your remembrance all that I stated to you.” (Jn 14:26)
“When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His personal initiative, but what ever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what exactly is to come.” (Jn 16:13)
4. The Holy Spirit was offered to live inside those who think in Jesus, as a way to produce God’s character in the life of a believer. Within a way that we can not do on our own, the Holy Spirit will construct into our lives adore, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal 5:22-23). As opposed to trying to be loving, patient, type, God asks us to depend on Him to produce these qualities in our lives. Thus Christians are told to walk within the Spirit (Gal 5:25) and be filled with the Spirit (Eph five:18).
five. The Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth amongst Christians (Rom 12; 1Cor 12; Eph 4).
6. The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians too. He convicts people’s hearts of God’s truth regarding how sinful we are — needing God’s forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is — He died in our place, for our sins; and God’s eventual judgment in the globe and those that don’t know Him (Jn 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.
F. THE HOLY SPIRIT FORBIDS…
1. He prevented Paul and his companions from going into specific areas of Asia – Acts 16:6-7 This He did by “forbidding” them, and “not permitting” them, despite their initial efforts
G. THE HOLY SPIRIT INTERCEDES…
1. The “Spirit Himself (note Paul’s use from the private pronoun) tends to make intercession for us” – Rom eight:26
2. Just as Christ “also makes intercession for us” – Rom eight:34 [All these works of the Holy Spirit manifest personality]
II. THE HOLY SPIRIT POSSESSES Personal Qualities
A. HE Has a Thoughts…
1. “the mind from the Spirit” – Rom eight:27 This suggests pondering on His own.
B. HE HAS Knowledge…
1. He “knows the things of God” – 1 Cor two:11 just because the “spirit of man” (a individual getting) knows specific things. He has intellect.
C. HE POSSESSES AFFECTION…
1. Paul speaks of “the love from the Spirit” – Rom 15:30 When have you identified of an “impersonal force” that could really like? He has emotion.
D. HE Has a WILL…
1. “the exact same Spirit works all these items, distributing to each and every one individually as He wills” – 1 Cor 12:11 It was the Holy Spirit Who decided what particular person received which gift. Once again, these are all qualities of a getting possessing intelligence and character.
III. THE HOLY SPIRIT SUFFERS Private SLIGHTS AND INJURIES
A. HE Could be GRIEVED…
1. “do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God” – Eph 4:30 He can be created sorrowful by means of our willful neglect
B. HE Can be BLASPHEMED…
1. That is, to be spoken evil of, as in attributing His deeds to the functions of Satan, the “unpardonable sin” – Matt 12:31-32
C. HE Can be INSULTED…
1. 1 who has “trampled the Son of God underfoot” has also “insulted the Spirit of grace” – Heb 10:29 This can be carried out by sinning “willfully” – Heb 10:26
D. HE Could be LIED TO…
1. As Ananias and his wife Sapphira had been guilty of carrying out. Acts 5:3: “…why has Satan filled your heart to lie for the Holy Spirit…?”
E. HE Can be RESISTED…
1. As Stephen charged the Jewish leaders of carrying out – Acts 7:51 This they did by resisting the message and persecuting the messengers who have been inspired by the Holy Spirit. Acts 7: 52-53
In my opinion, a lot also excellent an emphasis has been placed on the present of tongues – so much so that an ungodly caste system from the haves and have-not’s has created in some groups – regardless of the promise of Scripture that you shall receive POWER (NOT tongues) when the Spirit comes upon you; power to become a witness (actually, a martyr). Request my study entitled “Speaking of speaking in tongues.”